Saturday, June 21, 2014

Must See...Lygia Clark: The Abandonment of Art at MoMA NYC

I have always loved a good title. In fact most of my art works and creatives projects begin with a well parsed phrase that informs whatever it is I am making.  I even thought of the name for my jewelry line a couple of years before I built and launched my first capsule collection.  So when I read the title of Lygia Clark's post-humus homage at MoMA, I was hooked. The show features the work of this Brazilian conceptual artist made between 1948 and her death in 1988. The New York Times review titled: "See me. Feel me.  Maybe Drool on me", had me high tailing it to midtown to see the flexible sculptures, small paintings and wall reliefs for myself. And what a treat.  Run there if you can.  On view through the end of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment