Monday, March 12, 2012

The Creatives: An Interview with Elisa Ludwig

By tomorrow, the literati of the world along with the rest of us will know a whole lot more about author Elisa Ludwig and what makes her tick when her young adult novel, Pretty Crooked published by Harper Collins  debuts on March 13th.  Easily one of the most original and talented writers around, Elisa's smart, plucky, original heroines have nothing on her.  If her quick wit, moxie, and street cred weren't enough to make us swoon, then perhaps the fact that she throws one mean dinner party, has a black belt in decorating, and is a veritable encyclopedia of music, film and pop culture, just might.  With all the readings and press in advance of her book, I am lucky that she was able to make some time for this Creatives interview, even luckier to call her a friend.  Read more about Elisa and her work on her website:   www.elisaludwig.com



What do you see trending now in fashion?


I’m seeing lots of very bright colors, mod looks like shift dresses and color-block, big graphic patterns and tons of lace.

When was the last time you had a fashion epiphany?

It was a few months ago, and it was this: I am just not a skirt person. I love dresses but for some reasons the skirts I have just sit in my closet untouched—I think they require another level of coordination that I don’t have time for on a day to day basis.

What is your favorite High brand? And your low brand? How do you mix high and low?

I guess I fall in the middle? I tend to wear a lot of stuff from Anthropologie, and I love the Leifsdottir line. I also like Tracey Reese and Nanette Lepore. I don’t own anything very “high” so not much mixing going on, but I love to look! In a dream world I would shop in Old City’s boutiques like Reward, Sugarcube and Vagabond on a regular basis. I might go low with pieces from H&M, TopShop or Urban Outfitters. I find I tend to spend more on tops and jackets than on jeans or other pants.

What is your go-to uniform for a day of work? The weekend?
 
Since my day at work consists of sitting at my desk in my house, I generally dress for comfort! Jeans, knit tops, sweaters. On the weekends, I take it up a couple of notches with more accessories, and better shoes.

What is your favorite ILR piece and why?

My favorite is the wrap bracelet. It looks great with everything, and it’s simultaneously tough but feminine looking. Perfect to give your outfit a bit of edge.

Who are your style icons?


You, Gaby! Seriously. I often think, WWGW (what would Gaby wear)? Because you always seem very comfortable yet your clothes look refined and chic and effortless. Also, I have seen your closet, and your organizational skills are an inspiration. As for celebrities I am really loving Emma Stone’s style and Sofia Coppola always looks great.


No comments:

Post a Comment