Friday, January 13, 2012

Making Lemonade Friday the 13th Style

A while back I wrote that I spend a lot of time in the car. I love long rides on open roads, interstates with a Starbucks and clean restrooms......3 hours in stop dead traffic with an idling motor, not so much. Today I needed to run what I thought was a fairly routine errand in Philadelphia, what should have been a 20 minute ride. It took an hour. Argh. After finishing up business, I turned around ready to head back. Hopping into the car with a three hour window to work in the studio, I headed home.  After about 5 minutes of driving, turning off an interstate ramp, full stop.  Not a car moving.  Sigh. It is Friday the 13th after all. I have been in the car for two hours and have moved about .5 mile staring at the same bleak quasi- suburban landscape. I have exactly one hour and ten minutes to drive only 8 miles to go retrieve my daughter and a plan B in place in case I move only another .5 miles in that time.  Sitting here, still,  having finished all my email, texts, and calls (how much do I love my IPhone) I thought I would make some interesting pictures of the not so intersting view from my Mini for the blog- hence - Making Lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment